Monday, February 1, 2016

Who Is Jesus?

Who Is Jesus?
Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” John 8:58

If you're reading this it is for one of two reasons. One is you have heard the call of God on your life and have accepted the call or you are asking yourself who is Jesus? In verse 58 Jesus says “Before Abraham was I Am”.With these words, Jesus is saying I am God.

Abraham is the father of the Jewish nation. By saying “before Abraham”.  He is saying in effect I am the one who commanded your father Abraham to leave his home and promised him a land flowing with milk and honey. “I AM” is the way God  identified himself to Moses. God told Moses to tell them “I Am” sent you.
For you for me for those listening on the day when Jesus spoke these words, this proclamation is beyond huge. He is saying, I am God the creator of heaven and earth.

As you grow in your Christian faith you will come across prophecies from the old testament that foretell of the coming of Christ. You will see that his virgin birth his life his death and his resurrection were foretold. You will come to understand that Jesus is the son of God.

Do not be mislead do not be deceived. Jesus did not leave any doubt about who he was and why he was here.  He is not a prophet, he is not a lunatic he is not a liar. He is not a mystical creation or legend. He is not a puffed up story of man's imagination. He is the son of God sent to make a way where there was no way.  He came to earth to provide humanity with the means to enter into the presence of God and be accepted.

The question has never been, is Jesus who he says he is, the question has been and always will be will you accept who Jesus said he is the “I Am”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.