Thursday, December 14, 2017

Wait, Delay, Holdup, Interval, Interlude, Intermission, Pause, Break

Something to Think about.

Wait, Delay, Holdup, Interval, Interlude, Intermission, Pause, Break 

25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him. Lamentations 3:25 (NKJV)
Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
 
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day. Psalm 25:4-5 (NKJV) 

Passive is a word that I would use to describe the word wait. Waiting is a passive time when one delays expectation or accomplishment. I've always thought of a period of waiting as a time when nothing of consequence is accomplished.  As I looked at verses on waiting I noticed something, passivity was not part of the intent.  In Lamentations, it says "wait and seek," In Psalms, it says "show, teach, lead, none of these words are passive. None of them are used as synonyms for the word wait.  

Waiting on God is not a passive time. It is a time of accumulation. A time to accumulate the wisdom and strength of God. It is not passive it is preparatory. During a time of preparation, your waiting to be ready to move forward.  I still become inpatient when I and in the process of building a piece of furniture. Though I am working, I am waiting to get to the place where I can see the finished product. I have to wait till I prepare all of the parts before I can move forward with the actual piece.  A time of waiting is not an empty meaningless filler. It is not time unnecessarily spent without accomplishment.  Even the most famous of wait verse in the bible is not passive. 

Isaiah 40:31 ESV But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. To renew your strength does not mean lie down and do nothing. It means to do those things that will rejuvenate you. In this verse, it means to reacquaint yourself with God.

Wait on the Lord does not mean to be passive and fruitless. It means to prepare for what the future will bring. It means intentionally spending time seeking God. It means positioning yourself to learn from God. It means to take time to learn the truth of God. It means to learn of the salvation of God. Waiting on God is the most productive time of your life. It is the time when you will prepare for life, for victory, for overcoming, for winning. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.