Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Four Words


Four Words

Last year about this time I participated in a fast my church had encouraged us to engage in. As I completed that fast, I felt the Lord shared with me four words. Expect, receive, glorify, repeat.


Expect
Means to expect something from God. It meant and means if we want to see God work in our lives we must expect Him to do something in our lives. A specific thing. Not something ambiguous and undefined.  Vague and unclear can't be attributed to God.

Receive
It means we must receive what God wants to give us or do for us. If you don't receive what God is giving you, then you can't be blessed by Him.  Accept what He provides for you so you may accomplish what He has for you.

Glorify
Acknowledge that it is His doing that has brought you to where you are. Acknowledge publicly not privately.  Let it be known that God has called you to the task and the success of that mission is dependant on His provision and not on your wisdom.

Repeat
Do the process again, expect from God, receive from God and Glorify God. Then repeat.

From last year to this year, the Lord has brought about the Faith Business Alliance. Which is responsible for the Faith Business Directory. Which is also responsible for the Aging With Grace Conference 2017 and the soon coming 2018 Conference. Which is also responsible for the Business Luncheons and Business After Hours.  As well as providing the "Essentials For a Startup, a class for new business owners.  While using all the monies collected from our activities to help fund the mission efforts of our church. Though my expectations were high last year and the Lord has exceeded my expectations. I am expecting more, receiving more so I can glorify God more. Then I will repeat.

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 
EXPECT, RECEIVE, GLORIFY, REPEAT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.