Thursday, April 19, 2018

All things work together

Something to think about. 

All Things Work Together For The Good. 

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 NKJV

As a Christian can you say all things have worked together for the good? If you look at this verse from the perspective of the past, you will see it changes from a hopeful and uplifting verse to a prophetic and testimonial statement.

If you look back at your life as a Christian, you should be able to see the hand of God woven through it. I joined the USAF when I was 19 years old. The reason I joined the Air force was I wanted to get married and I had to support my future wife. I could have gotten a job and told her to get a job and started our lives together that way. But for reasons, I cannot remember I choose the military.

Because of the omission on my part of two letters I was assigned to Fairchild Air Force base in Spokane Washington state. I forgot to put down on my wish list of assignments D.C. The Air Force gave me my first choice, Washington without D.C. When I realized my mistake, it was much too late for me to request any changes. I was forced to go to Washington State. My fiance was not happy we were going to the opposite side of the country. From New York City to Spokane Washington a city we had never heard of.

All things worked together for the good. I was not a Christian when I left New York but shortly after going to Spokane me and my wife became believers and were saved by Jesus. Looking back there are two things my wife and I are sure of. If we had stayed near our childhood homes. We would never have accepted Christ and our marriage would not have survived.

Despite my mistakes, before we knew God, he orchestrated our meeting Him.  He used my desires and placed me where I could hear him. He took my wife and I away from the cacophony of noise surrounding our lives in New York and took us to the comparative silence of Spokane so we could hear him. He took a two-letter mistake and changed our lives for the better long before I would come to love him.

And the rest is not history. That instance is not the only time God has worked in our lives to produce a better more positively productive end. Throughout our lives, He has worked to turn our failures into victories. Thirty five years later I had a major heart attack. I all but died. Recovery took several years and financially we are still recovering. But that heart attack that took me to death's door had made me love God more than ever. Through that event, God has made me more productive and purposeful than any other time in my life. I am more alive today because of God turning a near death event to his glory and allowing me to fulfill my purpose in life. 

I could go on and on how God has turned adverse situations to wonderful victories. But unfortunately, this is but a short essay. What God has done in my life despite my mistakes and foolishness. Is a testament of God fulfilling this verse. It is also prophetic for you to know if he did it for my wife and I he will do it for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.