Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Metaphorical?

Something to think about.

Metaphorical?

4 And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” 5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. Acts 9:4-5

At this moment as Jesus is speaking to Saul He has been crucified and resurrected. He is not anywhere where Saul can actually persecute Him. Jesus chooses to use these words, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" And again, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting." He uses the words, Me and I. Jesus does not say, my disciples, my people, my church. Is Jesus saying when you are persecuting my people you are persecuting me because my people and I are one? Imagine that if we are one with Christ those who persecute us persecute Him who created the universe and all that is in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.