Saturday, February 11, 2017

Comfort

Something to think about.

Comfort

24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 2 Corinthians 11:24-28 

Christ was crucified. All of His disciples but John died a violent death. Why do we expect as Christians to live lives free from tribulation and trial?  As Christians, we need to get beyond the idea of a placid, peaceful existence. None of our original and subsequent leaders have.  A synonymous reality of the Christian life is a continual struggle against the forces of evil. Sometimes that struggle is nasty, messy with real casualties. It will cost some their lives, their possessions and some their liberty. We need to say to those that are coming after us, this life is not for the weak, for the spineless, it is not for those who seek comfort. It is a life that demands all you have, sometimes it may include your life. It is not a choice you get to make it is what is demanded of you by Christ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.