Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Contractual Obligations

Something to think about.

Contractual Obligations

And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Deuteronomy 28: 2

 Here is the question, do you expect to receive the blessing of the Lord? "IF" you obey the Lord do you expect Him to fulfill his promises?  

Let me give you my interpretation of this verse.  
I, God in a written contract, contractually obligate myself to fulfill the terms of this agreement. Stated as such; If you obey me, I will bless you in the following ways.   (The ways are written in Deuteronomy 28:1-14

If you are not being blessed by God, there is only one reason why not. You are not in obedience to God. This contract does not say you will be without trials and conflicts it says He will bless you if you obey Him.  
 
Do you not receive because you do not believe? Do you not receive because you do not trust Him? What is holding you back from receiving what he has contractually obligated Himself to do? Do you understand? "These blessing will overtake you." The way it is written is almost as if the writer is saying, these blessings are going to attack you.  

As for me, I want "all these blessings, " and all I have to do is "obey  the voice of the Lord."
I pledge from this day forward to open my ears that I may hear the voice of the lord. open my heart that I can receive everything he has for me. 

 

 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.