Monday, April 24, 2017

Yes

Something to think about.

Yes

Then the Lord said to Cain, "Where is Abel your brother?" He said, "I do not know; am I my brother's keeper?"Genesis 4:9

God never answers Cain's question. I speculate He didn't because the answer was self-evident. Yes, he was his brother's keeper. That question is a question that we as a species should be asking each other. Are we our brother's keeper? The answer is yes, we are. It has always been yes. If we were our brother's keeper would we kill each other? If we cared for one another would we hate each other? If we took responsibility for each other would the world be a better place?

After Cain murdered his brother God cursed Him and the rest of humanity. The question I have for you is, did God curse Cain because he killed his brother or did He curse him because he was not his brother's keeper? You do realize that if he had been his brother's keeper, he never would have murdered him.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.