Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Prize

Something to think about.

The Prize

“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 3:13-14 NIV

We like to quote this scripture, for reasons of inspiration, motivation, and self-assuredness in the righteousness of our work.  But I ask you do you even know what the prize is? It is not salvation, salvation can not be earned, It is not righteousness as "our righteous acts are like filthy rags" it not justification as we are "justified by faith." 

What is it then, what is the prize? The prize is fulfilling the purpose that God created you for. The prize is fulfilling the call of a servant. The prize is hearing God say to you in person well done "good and faithful servant." To be a servant of God, you must forget all of your past, your hurts, victories disappointments, and successes. You must change the paradigm of your life and press forward in the work the Lord has prepared you for. So you can look forward to the prize of  "well done good and faithful servant."   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.