Friday, March 3, 2017

Overwhelmingly Lonely and Frightening

Something to think about.

 Overwhelmingly Lonely and Frightening

27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Hebrews 9:27-28

I do not fear death because I know after I die I will be in the presence of God. I look forward to beginning eternity in the presence of a great, wonderful benevolent God.  There is great peace, a peace that passes the understanding of man. I am in no rush for that inevitability, but I do not fear it. 

Can those who reject God say the same thing? All over the world humanity struggles to remain alive. Death is the only thing that you truly do alone. To the glory of God, I have the assurance of salvation and eternal life with Christ. What does the rest of humanity have? The certainty of not knowing. It must be so overwhelmingly lonely and frightening to have no hope, no assurance, no peace as to their eternal destination. They don't know what is coming.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.