Monday, May 29, 2017

All Who Call

Something to think about.

All Who Call

5 For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You.
 
We have perpetuated this idea that God is forgiving and merciful to all people.  As I read this verse, I see a condition of Gods forgiveness " to all that call upon you". As I read about "gnashing of teeth"  Matthew 8:12
Matthew 13:41–42
Matthew 22:11–13
Matthew 25:14–30)
and the judgment seat,  
Revelation 20:11-15
I see a different dynamic.  

We, you and I, Christian, are doing more than a disservice to the world when we continue to ignore this condition or encourage this erroneous ideology.   Gnashing of teeth and the Judgement of God when it leads to eternal punishment can not be ignored and hidden behind the mercy of God. God is merciful and kind. He is forgiving and loving. But His judgment will be just and eternal, painful and final. Let us not whitewash the severity of the final judgment. People that reject God will not find mercy, that concept is inconsistent with the word of God. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.