Monday, September 25, 2017

Your Redemption Draweth Near


Something to think about.

Your Redemption Draweth Near

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and hunger, and pestilence, and fearful things, and great signs shall there be from heaven. Luke 21:11


 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads: for your redemption draweth near. Luke 21:28

With the increased occurrence of natural disasters occurring all over the world, these verses are being quoted more often. I will not address the prophetic implications of these verses.  I would like to discuss the excitement and gleeful anticipation of these verses.

I admit I am torn emotionally, spiritually and intellectually.  On the one hand, I am as is every other Christian joyfully anticipating the return of Christ. I can not wait to see Jesus face to face. How can a Christian have any other reaction than joy and utter contentment at seeing Jesus?

On the other hand, I fear it will be the most painful day of my existence. It will be the day when the opportunity of salvation is removed from the face of the earth. It means the day of judgment has arrived. Will it be a day of joy or a day of sorrow? It will be the day when the wheat is separated from the chaff. For me, it may mean some of my friend's and family will not be part of God's family. This prospect is not something I am looking forward to. It is selfish to ask God to advance this day. Is it not contrary to why we are here? We are here to offer the salvation of Christ to the world, Once he returns that offer will be rescinded. Humanity will have no one but themselves to stand before God. Should we not lament those who will be lost? This verse should bring us to conviction, to action.

On that day we will celebrate our reunion with Christ.  Will we, in the back of our minds know we should have done more for the call of Christ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.