Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Nails in His Hand

Something to think about. 
 
Nails in His Hand
 
In Jeremy Camp's song "The Man" some of the lyrics are.
 
Would you take the place of this man? Would you take the nails from his hands?
 
As I was preparing a piece of furniture for spraying this song played on the radio. I contemplated the lyric. "Would I take the place of this man"? Knowing the death Jesus experienced my immediate response was no. As I gave it more thought, I came to my conclusion, absolutely not. Not under any conditions what so ever would I take His place. I would not take nails from His hands. 
 
Before you say well, that's because you don't love Him let me explain. Had I taken His place on the cross had I taken the nails from His hands, only Jesus would have been saved. Only Jesus, because of His righteousness, not mine. If the entire human race were sacrificed, it would not warrant the salvation of one person. We, in total, do not possess the currency to pay for our sin. If I or anyone else had taken His place the resulted would be the damnation of humanity. It had to be Jesus who paid for our sin. He is the only one who possesses the currency to pay for our sin. The currency is righteousness, and Jesus is the only who possesses righteousness. He is the only one who could save the world from our sin. Anyone else would be powerless to forgive sin. His righteousness is why He is Lord. Only he could do what we could not. Only he is our propitiation.
 
2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.