Saturday, June 10, 2017

Unconditional Love

Something to think about.

Unconditional Love 

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35-39 

I have heard of Gods unconditional love all of my Christian life though I understood it intellectually it wasn't until I had a grandchild that I actually understood it. 

I have a grandchild she is 18 months old, and she does this most amazing thing. She does this all the time, but it is particularly overwhelming when she does it at church. My daughter takes her to the nursery at church for the services. We go to a large church, and we have a separate section for the nursery. They have a double door that leads into the nursery rooms, and they have a double door at the other side for an exit.  So you go in one door and come out the other. Every Sunday my daughter dresses her child in a beautiful dress, and my grandchild looks like the quintessential 18-month-old.  As we wait for them to come out of the double doors from the nursery, we wait with great expectation. They come through the doors, and my grandchild looks for her grandma, and when she spots her, she throws her arms open and runs as fast as her little legs can carry her almost stumbling, squealing with joy, laughing and almost crying with expectation into her grandma's arms.  Why is that amazing you might ask? When you look at it in context, it is the perfect picture of unconditional love. That little girl comes out of that nursery running to her grandma saying with her body gestures and squeals; I love you, I love you, I love you.  Her Grandma is waiting for her with open arms saying I love you; I love you, I love you. They love each other without reason they love each other because they both exist. There is nothing that little girl can do that will make her grandma love her more, and there is nothing that her grandma can do to make my granddaughter love her more. For this short period of time before life dims this picture of love, it is a perfect demonstration of God’s love for us. The difference is God will always be standing with His arms open wide beckoning us to come into His perfect, loving, protective arms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.