Friday, June 23, 2017

When I was a Child

Something to think about.

When I was a Child

11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. 1 Corinthians 13:11-13 (NLT)

I have always wondered how do you know that? We hear of conclusions based on supposed facts. For instance dog behavior. You have a dog expert, and he or she explains how a dog behaves. As if they had a conversation with the dog and the dog told them. Or in a crime drama, the pursuer determines without question why the serial killer, killed. The pursuer identifies some perceived injustice done to him in his childhood.  The fact of the matter is that we make decisions and come to conclusions based on limited and flawed data.

That is what this verse is saying, we do not have all the facts. We are as children not completely aware of our surroundings. We behave as if we have a complete picture of God as if we understand the laws that correspond to His existence. Yet, we don't. He has not revealed all of Himself to us, He has revealed as much as we can understand. There will come a time when He will reveal Himself to us. It will not be at this present time in this body or in this reality.

How do I know that you might ask? Because I believe in the Bible as the word of God and it promises us as much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.