Thursday, June 29, 2017

Would You Go?

Something to think about.

Would You Go?

1 The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. 2 “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”4 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Harran. Genesis 12 1:4

Seventy-five years old! I am sixty years old. I have absolutely no intention of starting over in a land I have no knowledge of. I have no intention of starting over in a land I know.  At my age, you start thinking of downsizing not starting over. Even with all the promises of God, at age seventy-five would I pack up my family and go? Would I hit the road without a roadmap or destination? Solely based on the belief, I have heard the word of God. If God were to tell me that now would I go? The point is, He is.  For some of us, He is asking us to do exactly that. For others, He is asking you to do something else but be assured He is asking something of you.  For me, He has a particular call right where I am. It requires just as much faith for me as it did for Abram. The promises, blessings, and protections are the same. Will we acknowledge the call will we pack up and go whether figuratively or literally?  "So Abram went" will you go? Will you go forth and receive the blessings that are promised to you in the promised land of God's calling?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.