Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Under Authority

Something to think about.

Under Authority   

8 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” Luke 7:8

Under authority, a foreign concept for us today. We are all about rights, self-determination, and individual freedoms it is almost impossible to breach the idea of doing someone else's will. That is exactly what the centurion is saying. He knows what it is to obey.  Are we under authority? As Christians are we obeying the word and will of God? Are we ready to go when He says go? Are we ready to come when He says come? Are we ready to do what He says when He says do this? Are we under authority? In 1 Samuel 15:22 it says "To obey is better than sacrifice." We Christians need to obey more sacrifice less. Go when commanded come when called and do when instructed. We need to submit to the authority of Christ in or lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.