Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Abide

Something to think about.

Abided

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. 

This is not a verse about you receiving everything and anything you want in your life. Rather is about you receiving everything that glorifies God in your life. The prerequisite is that you be in Christ before you even ask.  The result is that you bear fruit or lead people to Christ, and by doing so you prove that you are a disciple of Christ. "Ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you," is limited to those things that will help you to accomplish verse eight.  In the end, these verses are about us being empowered to glorify God, and to exemplify Christ and to identify ourselves as His disciples.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.