Saturday, January 28, 2017

Glorify Thy Name

Something to think about.

Glorify Thy Name 

27“Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.”Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”

People all over the world ask this question, why am I here, what is my Purpose? If we ask what was the purpose of Jesus's life what would be the answer? You might answer, His purpose was to save Humanity. To restore us, to heal us, to bring us victory in life. To save us from eternal damnation. I submit to you, these things, He did were not His purpose they were but the tools to glorify God. All of these things were done for us, humanity. None of what Christ did for us benefited God.  The life, ministry, death, resurrection, and ascension of Christ were for one purpose, and it was not for the salvation of man it was for showing the glory, majesty, and preeminence of God.  The entirety of the Bible leads to this, acknowledging, recognizing, and glorifying God.  The Bible is and always has been and always will be about God.  He demands to be acknowledged, praised, worship and glorified by man. We exist for His glory that is why we are here. The singular purpose of man is to glorify God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.