Monday, October 30, 2017

Tribulation and Victory



Something to think about.

Tribulation and Victory  

33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will  have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 (NKJV)

I speak with Christians seasoned Christians, and some are confused, baffled and annoyed at their present circumstances. They question, why God am I going through this I'm a Christian I am your child why must I go through this?  It is almost like they're saying I can handle a little adversity but this is so much more than a little. I should be exempt of this tragedy.  

I look at those verses and Jesus is saying, have peace in whatever situation you are in because, in the end, you win. It does not say you will be free from trouble or calamity it only says that you will win because He has won.  Winning may not mean you come out the other side unscathed. It means when you come out the other side you will find Jesus.

Listen, Christian, you are going to have challenges in your life. You may and probably will experience extreme pain. Being a Christian does not exempt you from living it guarantees you will be victorious in life. However, not without a cost. Christ, the sinless son of God, was humiliated, tortured and murdered.  Why would you think you would not pass through some tribulation? We will have a trial, and the cost may be extremely severe. But like Christ, we will come out the other side of this life to glory and eternal victory.  We know that regardless of the cost we win. Because the one who has been resurrected has promised us the eternal victory.  

Be of good cherry as much as possible in your tribulation. You know your victory is assured if not in this life then in the one that is to come. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.