Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Haunted

Something to think about.

Haunted

12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
John 14:12-14 (ESV)

This verse has haunted me my entire Christian life. It is one of those verses that can be thrown in my face and I have no answer to.  If someone were to ask me what greater things have you done? I would have nothing to say. Yet, there it is in black and white, John quoting Jesus. It is not ambiguous, it is not in need of theological explanation.  I can no longer hide from this verse, I need to know what I need to do to bring this verse alive in my life.  I think the key may be in who is being glorified by the asking, is it me or is it, Jesus?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.