Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Rescued

Something to think about.

Rescued

18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. 

Paul writing to Timothy almost off handily makes this statement "The Lord will rescue me." Here is one of the premier leaders of the Christian church. Paul who has influence and literally lead millions of people to Christ says "The Lord will rescue me" he has not forgotten who he is or feels he has earned the right or ability to say I will rescue myself. We have the audacity to say I will do this, I will do that, together we can conquer any opposition. Yet a man who has literally helped change the course of humanity is recognizing and glorifying God. Paul is acknowledging that it is only through God providence and will that we overcome any obstacle. If Paul is recognizing and glorifying God for all He does should we not do the same? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.