Thursday, December 22, 2016

Choose This Day

Something to think about.

Choose This Day

"But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

This is a famous quote and declaration by Joshua. It, in essence, says I have decided my family, and I will stand for God. However, let's take this in context.

14 “Now therefore, fear the Lord, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the Lord! 15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:14-15

He is talking to all of Israel, and he is drawing a line, a litmus test. He is defining a clear distinction between the God of Israel and the gods of the world. Joshua is saying you can't have it both ways, you must choose. Then He says, "But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” He is saying you are free to choose the Gods of this world but even if you do, even if all of you do, me and my house will serve the Lord. He is saying I have determined that if I am the only one that will stand with God so be it, I will. Before you make the same declaration as Joshua are you really ready to stand alone in your school in your university, job, community, city, state, and country? Are you willing to stand alone against all others and say I will serve the Lord?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read what you think please leave a comment.